Singapore to Malaysia by Taxi
Most Singapore Taxis are not allowed to cross the border to Malaysia and vice verse.
Only specially licensed Singapore Taxis are allowed to enter Johor, Malaysia and stop at Kotaraya Shopping Mall (near the Malaysian Customs). You will need to change to a Malaysian Taxi cab upon arriving at Kotaraya Shopping Mall.
Malaysia to Singapore by Taxi
In the reverse direction towards Singapore, you can take taxis from Kotaraya Shopping Mall (near the Malaysian Customs) to any point in central Singapore ($30) or Changi Airport ($40). The main advantage here is that you don’t need to lug your stuff (or yourself) through Customs at both ends; you can just sit in the car.
Advantages of taking the Singapore-Malaysia Taxi includes:
- Travel in comfort from point A to B, without having to change vehicle (on Malaysian Taxis) and get down at the customs
- Great for traveling with young children or old age.
- No need to carry your heavy bags
Disadvantages of taking the Singapore-Malaysia Taxi includes:
- You might be stuck in the traffic jam at peak hours (unless you travel by rail or plane)
- Cost a little more as compared to Public Bus or Walking
- May not be as comfortable as the Singapore Taxis or Coach
Tel: (+65) 6296 7054
Ban San St Singapore
S$45 one-way flat rate per vehicle (Singapore to Kotaraya Shopping Mall)
S$50 onwards per vehicle (Singapore to Kotaraya Shopping Mall to anywhere else in Malaysia)
Boarding Point: Rochor Rd
S$40 one-way flat rate per vehicle, or S$10/person for shared transfers
Other options includes traveling by Private Limousines, Coach, Rail or Air.